Monday, September 18, 2017

Super Hero Monday

Our teachers are super heroes every day. Monday is no different. Today we highlight Super Teacher Kym Tinsley; time traveler. Here's her stats:

Name: Kym Tinsley

College graduated from : Bachelors 2006, Masters 2017

Degree: Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education; Masters of Education in 21st Century Teaching and Learning

Current position at TPS: Instructional Technology Coordinator 

Hobbies: gardening, spending time with my nieces and nephews, reading

Why do you want to be a teacher?: I have always wanted to be a teacher so I can share my love of learning with students.

Biggest high of teaching you have experienced: My biggest high of teaching is being able to work with students every single day and see them understand a concept we have been working on. To see the understanding in their eyes is what keeps me doing what I do. 

Biggest low of teaching you have experienced: My biggest low would be the negative publicity that education receives. There are amazing things happening in schools everyday, but the negative publicity takes the focus off the amazing.

Who is your super hero? My super hero is my sister!

If you could have a super hero power, what would it be? I would choose time travel! I would love to go back in time and visit places during different time periods. Traveling to the future would also be awesome!


Kym and other SUPER TEACHERS need a side kick; a supporter to help continue the fight for our students. To donate for support of the teacher grants (October 1, deadline), please mail the donation to Tahlequah Public Schools Foundation, 1 Plaza South, PMB #276, Tahlequah, OK 74464 or visit our website at this link for electronic donations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment